Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Blast from the Past...




Laserblast (1978)

Count this among the bad clones that came out in the wake of Star Wars, but it’s not really a clone, it’s actually a pretty cheesy horror film with some sci-fi aspects, that was marketed as a Star Wars clone, and was an abysmal failure at the box office. I wouldn’t even have known of its existence if it wasn’t for the fact that it was played to death on UHF channels in the early 1980s.

Now, here comes the embarrassing part, as a little kid, I actually liked this piece of crap, and I even dressed up as the main character for Halloween one year. Wow, that’s an embarrassing admission, and let’s just keep that between you, and me.

What’s the story? Well, not much of one really, but I’ll do my best to explain it. A young man finds an alien weapon in the desert, it possesses him, and he goes on a killer rampage. There is a little bit more to it, but not much, and honestly, I’m pretty sure that very few of you actually care, but you’ve read this far, so I owe you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment