Friday, January 14, 2011

The Noodles Strike Again...




Gomex 3 Mien Mi Tom Hum

This is a lobster flavored instant noodle soup and it’s not half bad. It’s not anywhere near as good as the pho noodles that I mentioned earlier, but it’s still well worth checking out.

The packaging is mostly in Vietnamese, the little bit of English that was present on the package were the tiny blurb on the front identifying the flavor (which I might have added the word spicy to), and the directions on the back. The preparation couldn’t be any simpler, or stress free.

I don’t think that lobster is the right word for the flavor; it’s more like spicy seafood flavor, or at least something along those lines. The only seafood listed in the ingredients is shrimp powder. It also contains dehydrated carrots, spring onions, and soy beans.

I picked this up on a whim. On my last visit to the Asian grocer, I grabbed a few varieties of noodles that I had yet to try, and this was one of them. Not bad for an impulse buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment